Travel Stipends for Leipzig Scholars
One may apply for monthly stipends, for varying numbers of months, depending upon the purpose of the visit. The amount awarded depends on the level of experience of the visitor, as we explain below.
Members of the FAGI philosophical community who are interested in applying for a doctoral or post-doctoral travel stipend should direct their questions and submit their applications to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Travel Stipends for Leipzig Doctoral Students & Recent PhDs
Travel stipends for young scholars are funded at the following levels: (1) postdoctoral researchers (completed PhD required) receive a stipend of € 2650 per month; (2) doctoral students receive a stipend of € 1475 per month.
The following are the six required elements of an application
- An up-to-date CV.
- A one-page, single-spaced personal statement outlining your philosophical interests and goals, and your reasons for wanting to pursue them at the partner institution in question.
- One confidential letter of recommendation from a Professor of Philosopher who is in an excellent position to comment on your background and ability.
- A recent publication or sample of your written work.
- A specification of when and for how long you would like to go to the partner institution as a visiting scholar.
- A specification of which events you plan on attending during your visit to that institution, as well as why it would be good for you to have the opportunity to do so.