FAGI In the News
Below you will find recent news items featuring members of our team, as well as links to interviews, radio shows, and audio and video recordings about or involving our team members.
- Interview with Cora Diamond (7. 14. 2020) in the Podcast Five Questions by Kieran Setiya.
- Article discussing A Spirit of Trust by Robert Brandom on JSTOR Daily. January 8, 2020.
- Interview with Robert B. Pippin, member of the FAGI Advisory Board, on UChicago Faculty Development Program. January 14, 2020.
Four philosophers connected to the FAGI receive 2019 APA Prizes
Congratulations to four philosophers connected to the FAGI, whose recent achievements have been recognized by the American Philosoophical Association:
- The Routledge, Taylor and Francis Prize for 2019 goes to Tyke Nunez (FAGI visiting postdoctoral Fellow 2018-2019, currently Lecturer at University of South Carolina), for his paper “Logical Mistakes, Logical Aliens, and the Laws of Kant’s Pure General Logic” Mind, Volume 128, Issue 512, October 2019
- The Danto/ASA Prize for 2019 goes to Keren Gorodeisky and Eric Marcus (both Professors at Auburn University), for their paper “Aesthetic Rationality.” Journal of Philosophy 115 (3) 2018. Eric Marcus was a FAGI Senior Visiting Fellow in Summer of 2019. Marcus and Keren Gorodeisky jointly presented the paper “Aesthetic Rationality” at the Humboldt Colloquium in Winter 2018.
- Patricia Kitcher (FAGI Advisory Board member, FAGI visiting Professor in 2020, and Professor of Philosophy at Columbia University) will give the de Gruyter Kant Lecture at the 2020 Eastern Division meeting in Philadelphia, PA.
- Barry Stroud, Visiting Professor at the FAGI in December, 2017, passed away on August 9, 2019.
- Review of Irad Kimhi’s “Thinking and Being” by Rose Ryan Flinn. The Times Literary Supplement, August 14, 2019.
- FAGI Advisory Board member David Wellbery Receives the Golden Goethe Medal. January 23, 2019.
- Interview with FAGI Visiting Senior Research Fellow (2021/22) Andreja Novakovic in 3:am Magazine. December 8, 2018.
- Bericht in der LVZ über das “Politische Quartett”: Andrea Kern, Claudia Euen, Dirk Panter und Jan Emendörfer. 21. November, 2018.
- Review of in the New York Times of Thinking and Being by Irad Kimhi, Guest Professor at FAGI in Winter Semester, 2017/18 and Senior Visiting Fellow at FAGI, 2017 and 2018.
- Humboldt Foundation: Federal Minister of Education and Research Anja Karliczek and the President of the Humboldt Foundation Hans-Christian Pape confer the Alexander von Humboldt Professorships. Mai 8, 2018
- Leipziger Volkszeitung: Professor James Conant erhält renommierten Preis für Forschung in Leipzig. Mai 4, 2018
- “The Form of Our Life with Language.” Interview with James Conant on Cogito
- James Conant and Konrad Lindner, “Thomas S. Kuhn: Die Struktur wissenschaftlicher Revolutionen,” on the German radio show SWR2 Wissen
May 9, 2016
- James Conant. “Was Philosophie ist, ist eine philosophische Frage,” in Information Philosophie, vol. 3
- James Conant, “Wie Philosophen Probleme (auf)loesen,” LVZ-Online of the University of Leipzig
January 5, 2016
- James Conant, “Philosophie ist keine Disziplin,” an interview in student!, an independent student newspaper in Leipzig
- James Conant, Robert Pippin, and David Wellbery featured in “Neubauer Collegium selects new interdisciplinary projects” by Susie Allen, UChicago News
February 2, 2015
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reviews James Conant’s recent book on Nietzsche
August 26, 2014
- James Conant and Jay Elliott discuss the analytic tradition on Elucidations, the University of Chicago Philosophy Department’s podcast series
Oct. 16, 2014