The FAGI is the nucleus of a constellation of cooperative ventures. Below you may find information concerning the ongoing cooperative projects we currently support, including various series of conferences, workshops, and scholarly exchange, as well as links to the websites of our institutional partners.
Ongoing Cooperative Projects
- Chicago / Leipzig Cooperative Project – a series of conferences devoted to the promotion of exchange of scholars between the University of Chicago and the University of Leipzig.
- Action Network: Practical Thought and Good Action – a research group meeting annually to discuss foundational topics in the philosophy of action.
- Frankfurt / Leipzig Cooperative project – a series of conferences focusing on the concept of autonomy.
- Göttingen / Leipzig / Chicago Graduate Workshop – a series of graduate student conferences organized and hosted by the Philosophy Department at the University of Göttingen.
- Pardubice / Leipzig Cooperative Project – co-organized conferences and exchange of scholars betwen the FAGI and the Centre for Ethics as Study in Human Value at the University of Pardubice.
- Patras / Leipzig / Pittsburgh Conferences – an ongoing series of conferences at the University of Patras, devoted to topics in philosophy of action, mind, perception, and self-consciousness.
- Tel Aviv / Potsdam GIF Cooperative Project – the project, entitled “Life and Mind: An Exploration of the Metamorphoses of the Kantian Moment in Philosophy”, consists of a series of conferences and workshops.
- University College London / Leipzig Cooperative Project – a series of graduate student workshops.
- Bordeaux / Chicago / Leipzig Cooperative Project – a series of conferences and workshops devoted to the history of analytic philosophy
Primary Institutional Partner and Funding Source
All of the FAGI’s cooperative ventures are funded by the FAGI and the cooperating institutional partner jointly. The current primary funding source for the FAGI’s contributions to these ventures comes from the Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung.
Additional Partner Institutions
The Department of Philosophy
Committee on Social Thought
Department of Germanic Studies
The Center for Interdisciplinary Research
The Neubauer Collegium for Culture and Society
Chicago Center for German Philosophy
German Philosophy Workshop
Chicago Area Consortium in German Philosophy
Institut für Philosophie
Leipzig Research Center for Early Child Development
Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Department of Digital Humanities
Anneliese Maier Forschungspreis of Robert Brandom
Sächsische Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Leipzig
Research Academy Leipzig